Wednesday, February 20, 2013

turning collages into paintings

As a result of three uninterrupted days in the studio, I have been able to get a significant amount of work done. True, day one involved a lot of frustration, crying, lying in bed reading (in defiance) and then some moping. Day two was much more productive, results are yet to be unveiled. Today I have been playing with collage and painting and mixing it up a bit.

I thought I'd share my latest developments - a watercolour based on a collage I was working on yesterday. A flower has inadvertently turned into a pom pom and my interpretation of colour-matching leaves much to the imagination. However, in a world where I am often in control, and my anal-retention is in full swing, this is a rather delightful turn of events. Perhaps it's ok, if not better that this is not an exact replica of the images I selected, cut and composed.



I have enjoyed the blobby pastel-ness of it all.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are you thinking?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...